Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thing 12 Commenting

For a long time, I have been "lurking" around the Internet. Often when I think of making what is imho, an important comment, I find that a similar comment has already been made. However, the 23 Things exercise has taught me how much fun it is or how helpful it is to receive a timely comment.

While reading the ways to increase comment #'s post, I was struck my how similar the instructions are to being a good dinner companion, or an interesting guest at a party. They are also suggestions that are helpful in corporate America.

I regularly follow Barbara Jansen's blog and Naomi Bates blog. Both are librarians that I respect and try to emulate. I have found things in both of their blogs to make me a better teacher.

I've commented on the blogs of library lady, laptop learner, mhs broadcasting, elaine learning, and algebra at SOC

5 comments:

  1. Please make all of your suggested blogs hot links! That is a key feature of blog value.

    Copy the url of the blog you want to feature. Go into your post (edit), highlight the title and use the little link chain on the post box toolbar to paste the url. Be sure and push Publish so your post will show again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of good dinner manners, I think we should celebrate finishing this over dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Naomi Bates...I try and show her book trailers to some of my LA teachers to help promote reading ---favorite line of a middle-school student "I don't read!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danna here...I too love Naomi. She has such great ideas to share and I loved seeing her at TLA. I also follow Tammy Worcester (www.tammyworcester.com). She has great ideas for technology integration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Joey!

    Hope you're having a fun summer. I'm doing summer school. Am behind with the Things!
    :)
    See you soon.
    Tina

    ReplyDelete