Monday, July 20, 2009

Thing 22 Nings

I like the idea of being able to set up your own social network. The possibilities are indeed seemingly endless. My high school class reunion was organized this summer using Facebook, and it really was an easy way to get a very diverse group of people together for a common purpose, but I'm not really comfortable interacting with students using Facebook.

The ning concept seems that it would be much more workable for professional endeavors. It's much more customizable. Although I intend to spend more time exploring the teacher librarian ning, I think that for the foreseeable future in my library we'll begin with the wiki concept.

1 comment:

  1. I was also thinking about using a Wiki with my students, but middle school kids are so unpredictable--I might just use my blog or maybe Library Thing!
    Have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete